Boarding Rates for 2013
January - November
1 Cat ~ R70 per night
Double Cat Run ~ R130 per night
Boarding Rates for Dogs (Small breed dogs only)
1 Dog ~ R75
Double Dog Kennel ~ R140 per night
(Above prices don't include heating (extra))
December prices do increase!
It is essential to pre-book, especially for holidays and peak seasons. When a booking is made 50% deposit is required. This is not refundable. Full payment must be given when the cat/dog is brought in to board.
About our boarding facilities
- The cattery has outdoor and indoor luxurious facilities. Each cat or family of cats is kept in their own private run and are not mixed with other boarders. This ensures that no diseases are passed between the cats as well as no fighting occurs. The runs are separated with sneeze barriers (again ensuring that no diseases can be transmitted).
- There is no grass or sand in the runs as this is not hygienic and diseases can be passed from each border, as you cannot disinfect these materials. The floor of the runs is concrete which is 100% hygienic and can be disinfected thoroughly. The houses are made of brick and concrete with proper glass windows.
- We advise our clients to bring their pet ’s beds or bedding that the pet likes so that it has familiar smells of home. We also encourage you to bring along favourite toys to keep them occupied.
All cats are fed veterinary foods, such as Hills, Royal Canin or Iams.
- We require all boarders to be vaccinated, de-wormed and de-flied one week prior to boarding.
- If your cat falls ill during its stay, we ’ll ensure that your cat received veterinary care, but you will be responsible for the payment.
- Please note: Because we are a welfare, all Kitty Shelter staff are trained in detecting any illness in its early stages thus preventing any serious conditions.